Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Girl advice, what should I do?

I am 17 years old and this girls looks around 23/24 (I'm not sure of her exact age). We attend this religous function, where a lot of my family (e.g. cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) and other friends go. Last night was the last time I would see her, as we live far away and only see each other during this function.





My family are really weird when it comes to girls. If I am seen talking to a girl, they're all like ';ooo, who was THAT girl'; or (singsong voice) ';you have a girlfriend. hee hee hee';.





Throught the time the function was going on, I saw her looking at me and I found myself staring at her aswell. Yesterday was the last time I could talk to her for a year and so I thought ';who cares, let me go and talk to her';. I didn't get a chance but at the end, everyone was putting away these tables and I saw my (female) cousin helping her with a table, so I thought ';let me help my cousin and hopefully my cuzin will leave us alone';.





As I went to help me cousin, I SWEAR I heard the girl say something like ';well...wt u doin'; in this downgrading, sarcastic tone that I sometimes use when I am practically telling someone to get lost. I looked up quickly and I think she was giving me a dirty look. However, to be honest, I don't think a woman her age would be that immature, maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me or something??





I haven't been able to stop thinking about this since!! I keep feeling sick everytime I think of this and I haven't been able to eat all day!





Please can someone tell me what happened and what I should do!!





Thank you soo much in advanceGirl advice, what should I do?
Why someone would use a sarcastic tone or give you a dirty look is impossible to say. She may have had some bad food, maybe she was just having a bad day, or maybe she suffers from some sort of mental or physical defect that causes her to come across as overly critical.





You did nothing wrong from what I can tell from your story. If she has a problem, then SHE has a problem. Don't let it worry you.





In the future, just look her in the eye and say, ';helping put away a table';. And by the way, don't worry too much about your family's reaction either. If someone wants to act like a six year old on a playground, just ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment